The COVID-19 situation continues to evolve rapidly. At YVR, the safety and security of our passengers, employees and all airport visitors is our top priority. We support all measures to protect public health and we will continue to work closely with the government and other public health agencies to support and implement all measures under their direction.
- Canada has closed its borders to foreign nationals, with some exceptions such as air crews, diplomats and the immediate family members of Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Please contact Canada Border Service Agency at 1-833-784-4397 with any questions.
- All Canadians should avoid non-essential travel outside the country until further notice.
- All Canadians returning to the country are required to self-isolate for 14 days upon entry, with exceptions for workers who are essential to the movement of goods and people; they also have to fill out a Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) coronavirus form and are required to declare if they are experiencing symptoms.
In addition, everyone has a role to play to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
- Practice social distancing and leave two metres or six feet between you and others wherever possible.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if unable to wash your hands with soap and water.
- Practice good cough and sneeze etiquette by coughing or sneezing into your sleeve.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms, go home and self-isolate.